Hillcrest missing man: Family appeals for privacy
The family thanked everyone who helped search for Jamie-Lee Koen and said they are still awaiting an update from SAPS regarding a recovered body.

THE family of a Hillcrest man, Jamie-Lee Koen, who went missing on Sunday, January 2, has asked for privacy following the recovery of a body that was found at the base of a cliff in Winston Park.
This follows extensive searches by volunteers, Metro Search and Rescue, and other groups during the week.
ALSO READ: Seven Durban beaches closed after substance found in water
Speaking on behalf of the family, Deborah Snyman said they can confirm that a body was recovered at about noon on Saturday by teams from Metro Search and Rescue, SAPS and RescueTech.
A DNA test and an autopsy will be performed on the recovered body.
“So far, police are investigating and we have no further information at this point, but we will send an update once we have answers, ” said Snyman.
She conveyed her gratitude to all of the people who have supported the family during this difficult time.
This is a developing story and an update will follow.



