Serves 4 – 6
You’ll need: 150g McCain Potato Crispers; 100g salami; 100g mozzarella cheese; 60g black olives
For the tomato sauce – 30ml olive oil; 1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped; 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped; ½ celery stalk, roughly chopped; 800g tinned whole peeled tomatoes; 40g tomato paste; 5ml honey; fresh basil, to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Fry the onions and the garlic until soft and translucent for three to five minutes.
- Add the celery and fry for another two minutes. Add the tomatoes with the sauce, tomato paste and honey. Press the whole tomatoes to a finer consistency using a fork.
- Leave to simmer for 15 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Preheat the oven to180°C.
- Pour the tomato sauce into a medium ovenproof bowl, add the salami and olives, and mix through.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cubes over and press some into the sauce with the back of a spoon.
- Bake the dip for five to seven minutes or until the cheese has melted and the dip is bubbling. Carefully remove from the oven.
- Top with fresh basil leaves and serve warm with loads of McCain Crispers.
Enjoy scooping with family and friends!
*Recipe and image by McCain.