2 men feared trapped in abandoned eMalahleni mine
Three men reportedly escaped from an abandoned mine near Duvha Park, while two others remain missing amid dangerous conditions and delayed rescue efforts.
Two men are believed to be trapped inside an abandoned mine close to Duvha Park in eMalahleni, Mpumalanga.
Witbank News reports that, according to information received, the men went to the mine with a group to ‘hustle’.
Police were on the scene with search dogs, but have found no sign of the missing men so far.
“The two missing men have been trapped inside the abandoned mine since June 13 and cannot be found,” says Vosman Police Station spokesperson Captain Vusi Mnisi.
“The site is extremely dangerous, and it is very risky to retrieve them. We are currently waiting to hear from the mine management to see if they will assist with recovery efforts,” he adds.
This comes after a missing person’s report was filed following one man’s failure to return home.
According to police, the missing man told his girlfriend he was going to Vosman Cycle near KG Mall but never came back.
After attempts to reach him failed, family members were informed by an unknown man driving a white Mercedes-Benz that the missing man and another person were stuck inside the mine while three others escaped.
The man left without providing full details or identification.
Hulisani Rasivhaga, Thungela’s head of communications, has confirmed the incident.
Breaking news at your fingertips… Follow Caxton Network News on Facebook and join our WhatsApp channel.
Nuus wat saakmaak. Volg Caxton Netwerk-nuus op Facebook en sluit aan by ons WhatsApp-kanaal.
Read original story on www.citizen.co.za