2 dead after suspected suffocation inside Gauteng shack

Fumes from a generator used during load-shedding are suspected to have caused the death of two people.

Two people were declared dead and three others had to be rushed to hospital after suffocating inside a shack in Tshepiso Phase 3, in Sedibeng, Gauteng.

The incident happened on Saturday morning.

According to neighbours, there was load-shedding in the area the previous night and they heard the sound of a generator.

They said that when they entered the property, the victims were vomiting and couldn’t talk properly.

Police spokesperson Constable Busisiwe Sango says police rushed to the scene after being contacted by a business owner who found five people lying helplessly on the floor.

Sango says the cause of the death is suspected to be fumes from a generator that was running all night.

Police are investigating an inquest has been opened.

Read original story on www.citizen.co.za

 
Back to top button