CrimeLocal newsNews

No bail for Tyson’s alleged killers

Murugan (24) was attacked and murdered for his cellphone.

Bail has been opposed for the two men arrested last week for the alleged murder of Tongaat martial arts fighter Tyson Murugan.

The men appeared at Verulam magistrates court on June  27 and have been remanded in custody at Westville prison.

Two 18-year-old men were arrested by an off-duty officer on Tuesday, June 24. Tongaat SAPS Sgt TM Govender made the arrests after a tip-off.

“Sgt Govender phoned the detectives and crime prevention for back-up and found the first suspect on foot about 5km away from Hlabisa on the Upper Tongaat Road,” said Tongaat SAPS acting spokesperson warrant officer Manisha Maharaj-Marie. The first man was arrested and cooperated with police to help them find his accomplice.

“Our members proceeded to Gwalas farm, where the other suspect was also apprehended and the cell phone was recovered,” said Maharaj-Mar

Murugan (24) was attacked and murdered, apparently for his cellphone, while walking home along Gopalall Hurbans Road on June 3.

 


Stay in the loop with The North Coast Courier on FacebookXInstagram & YouTube for the latest news.

Mobile users can join our WhatsApp Broadcast Service here, or if you’re on desktop, scan the QR code below.

At Caxton, every story is written by humans. We use AI only to perform quality checks - never to generate the news. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from North Coast Courier in Google News and Top Stories.

Back to top button