MunicipalNewsUpdate

Venterspos power outage: ‘Plans in place to restore power temporarily’

The municipality said plans are in place to restore power temporarily in the area.

The Rand West City Local Municipality (RWCLM) has informed residents that plans are in place to restore power temporarily in the Venterspos area.

Executive manager of Infrastructure Development, Bongani Nkambule said in a statement, “Eskom and RWCLM are currently busy with emergency planning to temporarily restore electricity in this area.

Read initial article here: Frustration grows as power outage in Venterspos enters day 6

You are hereby kindly informed that the current outage which we are experiencing in Venterspos since last week, August 12 was due to vandalism and theft.”

Nkabule warned residents that all electrical installations and appliances should be treated as live at all times.

“We apologise for the inconvenience and want to give assurance that the electricity supply will be restored in the shortest possible time,” the statement concluded.

At Caxton, every story is written by humans. We use AI only to perform quality checks - never to generate the news. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from Randfontein Herald in Google News and Top Stories.

Clinton Botha

For more than 4 and a half years, Clinton Botha was a journalist at Roodepoort Record. His articles were regularly published in the Northside Chronicle now known as the Roodepoort Northsider. Clinton is also the editor of Randfontein Herald since July 2020. As a sports fanatic he wormed his way into various "beats - as the media would know it - and admits openly that his big love always have something to do with a scoreboard, crowds and usually a ball that hops.

Related Articles

Back to top button