Clayton von Meullen said he couldn't believe what police did to his vehicle. Photo submitted.
A Toekomsrus man whose vehicle was shot at during the early hours of Sunday, September 12 wants police to cover the damages.
Clayton von Meullen, 38, who uses his Volkswagen Transporter TDI to transport his clients to work said police had no right to shoot at his car, which is his only source of income.
Von Meullen said he didn’t understand why his vehicle, of which the CV joints were due to be replaced outside his friend’s yard on Peach Street in Toekomsrus, was targeted and shot at between 03:00 and 04:00, claiming it was done by police while enforcing curfew.
Someone has to pay for what happened,” Von Meullen demanded.
Randfontein Police spokesperson Sergeant Carmen Hendricks confirmed to the Herald that a case of malicious damage to property had been opened.
At Caxton, every story is written by humans. We use AI only to perform quality checks - never to generate the news. Happy reading!
For more than 4 and a half years, Clinton Botha was a journalist at Roodepoort Record. His articles were regularly published in the Northside Chronicle now known as the Roodepoort Northsider. Clinton is also the editor of Randfontein Herald since July 2020. As a sports fanatic he wormed his way into various "beats - as the media would know it - and admits openly that his big love always have something to do with a scoreboard, crowds and usually a ball that hops.