Bus driver investigation progressing
The Tshwane metro bus driver accused of being over-friendly is being investigated, and has apologised to the affected parties.

The investigation into the alleged ‘over-friendly’ Tshwane metro bus driver is at an advanced stage, the Tshwane metro said.
According to metro spokesperson Lindela Mashigo, statements had been taken from the affected parties. “The investigation is at an advanced stage and the outcome will be communicated in due course.”
The metro is investigating claims that one of the bus drivers transporting pupils from Hoërskool Tuine was ‘over-friendly’ with the girls on the bus.
Mother Elize Viljoen, who was very disturbed by the bus driver asking her daughter for hugs and kisses, said the man in question had since apologised for his behaviour and admitted to being too friendly. “The bus driver apologised to us and we have accepted his apology. We were just uncomfortable with his behaviour. He will be attending a hearing on Tuesday.”
Viljoen said that when her daughter was victimised by other pupils on the bus, the driver defended her. “The driver is now operating a different bus. There is a woman driving the school bus now. We did not want him to lose his job, we just wanted him to stop what he was doing,” said Viljoen.
For more news, visit Rekord’s websites:
Also like our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter.
Read: Girl allegedly harassed on bus
“Over-friendly” bus driver probed
