Local newsNews

NEWSFLASH: Six injured in a second Centurion accident

Motorists are advised to use alternative routes.

Six people was injured in a second accident in Centurion on Friday afternoon.

The accident happened on the R21 highway between the St George’s Hotel and Olifantsfontein Road around 16:45, said Tshwane emergency services spokesperson Charles Mabaso.

“A taxi overturned,” he said.

ALSO READ: NEWSFLASH: Two dead and many injured in Centurion accident

Mabaso said one person sustained critical injuries, while four others were being treated for serious injuries.

A sixth person sustained light injuries, he said.

Netcare 911 spokesperson Shawn Herbst said the critically injured patient had to be stabilised on the scene before being transported to hospital.

ALSO READ: NEWSFLASH: Two dead in west accident

He said the highway had been closed while paramedics were transporting the injured to hospital by a helicopter.

It was still unclear what exactly caused the accident.

Motorists are advised to use alternative routes.

ALSO READ: NEWSFLASH: Pedestrian dies after Garsfontein motorbike accident

This has been the second accident of the afternoon in Centurion.

Earlier, two people died and three others were injured in an accident on the corner of Wierda Road and the R55.

Do you have more information about the story? Please send us an email to editorial@rekord.co.za or phone us on 083 625 4114.

For free breaking and community news, visit Rekord’s websites:

Rekord East

Rekord North

Rekord Centurion

Rekord Moot

For more news and interesting articles, like Rekord on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or Instagram

At Caxton, we employ humans to generate daily fresh news, not AI intervention. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from Rekord in Google News and Top Stories.

Back to top button