Local newsNews

Centurion man in serious condition after stabbing

A man was stabbed multiple times in the chest and another person assaulted.

A 47-year-old man is in a serious condition in hospital after he was stabbed in an alleged domestic altercation on Saturday evening.

CERT-SA spokesperson Ruan Heyns said they were called to a scene in Hennopspark, Centurion by police around 21:00.

“Police requested medical assistance for a man that had been stabbed multiple times in the chest during a domestic dispute. Another person who was assaulted and needed assistance too.”

The other person had minor scratches and bruises.

Centurion man in serious condition after stabbing. Photo: CERT-SA

“On arrival we found a man lying outside on the front lawn with obvious bleeding. The man was treated, and stabilised on the scene before being transported to a nearby hospital in a critical condition by ER24,” Heyns said.

He said police have opened an investigation into the matter to determine the circumstances surrounding the incident.

Heyns thanked ER24 EMS, Tshwane metro police and the police for assistance on the scene.

Police are yet to comment.

Centurion man in serious condition after stabbing. Photo: CERT-SA

Do you have more information about the story? Please send us an email to editorial@rekord.co.za or phone us on 083 625 4114.

For free breaking and community news, visit Rekord’s websites:

Rekord East

Rekord North

Rekord Centurion

Rekord Moot

For more news and interesting articles, like Rekord on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or Instagram

At Caxton, we employ humans to generate daily fresh news, not AI intervention. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from Rekord in Google News and Top Stories.

Back to top button