Local newsNews

Man’s dead body stumbled upon in Centurion rubble

“His feet and hands were tied up,”

Gauteng emergency medical services responded to a call of a dead body in Centurion along Philirene Road on Friday.

Gauteng EMS spokesperson, Rikus von Benecke said, “A Centurion community member went to a rubble site to collect some gravel as he had just installed a swimming pool at his home.”

Von Benecke said while the man was loading gravel onto his vehicle, he stumbled upon a dead body.

“His feet and hands were tied up,” said Von Benecke.

“He was loading the pile of gravel and as he dug deeper, a body surfaced.”

According to Von Benecke, the Gauteng EMS team suspected the body to be a male, however, his age could not yet be established.

He said the medical services could not determine the cause of death as the body was covered in gravel.

“The forensic pathology team transported the body for samples and more investigations.”

According to SA safety and security special investigators into serious violent and economic crimes, Werner Koekemoer, the body was that of a white male in his 60’s.

“His hands were bound to his neck and it seemed as though the body had been under the gravel for a day or two.”

ALSO READ: UPDATE: Body of missing Centurion man identified after six months since his disappearence

The man was reported to be wearing blue jeans and a golf shirt.

Police have been contacted at the time of print and were yet to confirm if they were investigating a possible case of murder.

Koekemoer has urged residents to contact him on 082-458-8627 to give more information on the body or Police.

Do you have more information about the story?

Please send us an email to editorial@rekord.co.za or phone us on 083 625 4114.

For free breaking and community news, visit Rekord’s websites: Rekord East

For more news and interesting articles, like Rekord on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or Instagram

Back to top button