Man hands himself over to Eersterust police
A man (26) is due to appear in court after he handed himself over in connection with a shebeen stabbing in Eersterust.
A 26-year-old man will be appearing in the Pretoria magistrate’s court on Thursday after he handed himself over to the Eersterust police in connection with a murder at a local shebeen earlier this month.
“The man, accompanied by his lawyer, handed himself over on Wednesday evening,” said Eersterust police spokesperson Sergeant Sam Shibambo.
READ MORE: Man stabbed to death in Eersterust shebeen toilets
“The suspect appeared in the Pretoria magistrate’s court on Thursday last week, and he was remanded in custody,” said Shibambo.
This is after police had opened a murder investigation into the death of a 36-year-old man after he was stabbed on the evening of Sunday, 2 May 2021.
“The victim was seen coming from a toilet with his hand clutched to his chest at around 23:00. On closer inspection the owner noticed that he was bleeding profusely,” said Shibambo.
The man later died.
Do you have more information about the story?
Please send us an email to editorial@rekord.co.za or phone us on 083 625 4114.
For free breaking and community news, visit Rekord’s websites: Rekord East
For more news and interesting articles, like Rekord on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or Instagram
