CrimeLocal newsNews

Father and son on murder rap in court

"The matter remanded to 1 July 2021 for further investigations, not for trial."

Two people, a man and his 17-year-old son, who are facing murder charges after a man was killed in a bar in the Moot, briefly appeared in the Pretoria magistrate’s court on Tuesday, 16 May.

According to NPA spokesperson Lumka Mahanjana, the case was adjourned for further investigations.

“The matter was remanded to 1 July 2021, for further investigations, not for trial,” she said.

Peet Rossouw (45) died after he was allegedly assaulted during an altercation at the Rhino Inn pub in Codonia Road, Waverley, on Sunday, 28 February.

The two men accused of killing Rossouw were taken into custody on Wednesday, 3 March.

The accused appeared in court for the first time on March 18, where bail was set at R5 000 for the adult accused and R1 000 for the minor.

As previously reported, the 45-year-old was hit on the ear from behind by one of his assailants.

“He fell to the floor and another suspect assaulted him further,” said Villieria police spokesperson Warrant Officer Marinda Austin.

She added that Rossouw was later declared dead on scene.

While the identity of the accused is known to Rekord, to protect the identity of the minor the names will not be published.

Do you have more information about the story?

Please send us an email to editorial@rekord.co.za or phone us on 083 625 4114.

For free breaking and community news, visit Rekord’s websites: Rekord East

For more news and interesting articles, like Rekord on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or Instagram

At Caxton, every story is written by humans. We use AI only to perform quality checks - never to generate the news. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from Rekord in Google News and Top Stories.

Back to top button