CrimeLocal newsNews

Erasmia shooting victim still in hospital

"The motive behind the incident is still unknown."

A man linked to the shooting of a business man in Erasmia on Monday, August 9, is expected to appear in court next week.

Police spokesperson Constable Tumisang Moloto said the man will appear in court on Monday and confirmed he will be charged with attempted murder.

He said the victim who was shot is still in hospital, and the motive behind the incident are still unknown.

A man was shot in a shooting in Erasmia on Monday. Photo: supplied.

“On video footage, which is circulating on various media platforms, a man in a black Mercedes Benz can be seen being attacked by three men driving in a white BMW 1 Series before fleeing the scene,” Moloto said.

“Shortly after the incident was reported to the police, the vehicle fitting the description of the suspects was spotted in Johannesburg CBD. One suspect was arrested and a firearm, believed to be used in the shooting incident, was recovered,” Moloto said.

Rekord reported on Monday the victim was taken to a local hospital for further medical treatment.

The video from security footage went viral on social media showing shots fired at a man in his vehicle in Erasmia, south west of Pretoria.

https://www.citizen.co.za/rekord/386697/shootout-in-erasmia/

Anti-crime activist Yusuf Abramjee shared the footage on Twitter of the video which was captured in the area on Monday afternoon.

Viewers could see the victim’s car veering off the road while three people jumped out of the other vehicle and attacked the victim’s car.

The man was seriously injured in the attack. He is believed to be a businessman who had previously survived a shooting in Boksburg.

 

Do you have more information about the story?

Please send us an email to editorial@rekord.co.za or phone us on 083 625 4114.

For free breaking and community news, visit Rekord’s websites: Rekord East

For more news and interesting articles, like Rekord on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or Instagram

At Caxton, every story is written by humans. We use AI only to perform quality checks - never to generate the news. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from Rekord in Google News and Top Stories.

Back to top button