CrimeLocal newsNews

Flying squad officers arrest four

An unlicensed firearm and stolen vehicles were also recovered.

Tshwane SAPS’s flying squad arrested four people on Monday for possession of a stolen motor vehicle and an unlicensed firearm.

“The vehicle was taken during a house robbery,” spokesperson Sergeant Alfred Legodi said.

The vehicle was recovered along Mogale Street in Ga-Rankuwa Zone 1.

Photo: Supplied (SAPS)
Photo: Supplied (SAPS)

The vehicle was a white Toyota Quantum valued at an estimated R350 000 while the unlicensed firearm was said to have been a cloned black pistol.

Photo: Supplied (SAPS)

A day earlier, Legodi said officers also recovered a silver Mercedes Benz C200.

Photo: Supplied (SAPS)

“The vehicle was reported as hijacked at the Rietgat police station,” he said.

The recovered vehicle was found at a house in Block P in Soshanguve.

“No suspects were found at the scene,” Legodi said.

Photo: Supplied (SAPS)

He further said that a car-jamming device was also found in the house where the vehicle was recovered.

Earlier in the week, provincial police said at least 700 people were nabbed in the most recent weekly O Kae Molao operations which were conducted in the province at the weekend.

“The operation saw over 700 people being arrested throughout the province for various crimes such as theft of a motor vehicle, possession of illegal firearms, possession of car-breaking implements, drunk driving, murder and rape,” Gauteng police spokesperson Colonel Dimakatso Sello said.

Additional arrests of undocumented persons have been made during the operations.

This happened during an operation in the Tshwane district wherein police minister Bheki Cele, Gauteng premier David Makhura and Gauteng MEC for community safety Faith Mazibuko joined Gauteng police commissioner Lieutenant-General Elias Mawela.

Photo: Supplied (SAPS)

“During the operation, the minister, premier and MEC assisted in stopping and searching vehicles at the roadblock and they also interacted with motorists,” Sello said.

Do you have more information about the story?

Please send us an email to editorial@rekord.co.za or phone us on 083 625 4114.

For free breaking and community news, visit Rekord’s websites: Rekord East

For more news and interesting articles, like Rekord on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or Instagram

At Caxton, every story is written by humans. We use AI only to perform quality checks - never to generate the news. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from Rekord in Google News and Top Stories.

Back to top button