CrimeNews

UPDATE: Search is over for missing Murchison baby

The nine-month old baby boy had been missing since September 23.

UPDATE:

Christopher Khutyiswayo (9 months) from Murchison who went missing on September 23 has been found, bringing to an end a 30-day search for the missing baby.

On Saturday the woman who is thought to have abducted him left the child at a relative’s house before leaving,  said police spokesman, Captain Nqobile Gwala.

“Police were alerted and the child was taken to hospital for a medical check-up. He was then reunited with his family,” she said.

YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: Nanny faces kidnapping charges

Port Shepstone Family Violence, Child Protection and Sexual Offences Unit (FCS) made an urgent appeal to the public to help find of Nqobile Nkonyeni/Ndovela (19) of Gamalakhe.

Nqobile Precious Nkonyeni /Ndovela (19) aka Nqo

>>>>>>>>>>>

ORIGINAL STORY: October 3

ITS now been 11 days since a devastated mother and father have seen their nine-month old baby boy.

Christopher Charles Khutyiswayo was left in the care of an aunt on Saturday, September 23, when his parents went to work, said  police spokesman, Lieutenant-Colonel Zandra Wiid.

“It is thought that Nqobile Precious Nkonyeni /Ndovela (19) aka Nqo took the baby from the aunt in the Mbayimbayi  area near Murchison.  All attempts to contact her have been unsuccessful,” she said.

YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: ‘Pit toilet’ baby missing

 

Nqobile Precious Nkonyeni /Ndovela (19) is wanted by the police in connection with the missing baby.

Police have issued a warrant for her arrest.

Contact Crime Stop at 08600 10111 or  Constable Nurse Ngubane at 039 6887900 or  082 334 9682 if you have any information that could lead police to the missing baby.

HAVE YOUR SAY

Like the South Coast Herald’s Facebook page, follow us on Twitter andInstagram

For news straight to your phone, add us on BBM 58F3D7A7 or WhatsApp 082 421 6033

 

At Caxton, every story is written by humans. We use AI only to perform quality checks - never to generate the news. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from South Coast Herald in Google News and Top Stories.

Sugan Naidoo

Senior reporter Sugan Naidoo is a true son of the South Coast soil. He was to the newspaper industry born, his late father working at the South Coast Herald back in the days when black and white photographs were still being used. Sugan has been with Caxton for close to three decades, having started as a weekend photographer, straight out of school. He soon showed his skill in hard news reporting and has, over the years, added to his repertoire, with motoring now one of his important beats. He is always willing to go the extra mile, especially if it's to test drive a new vehicle. He supports the Proteas, Springboks and Manchester United.
Back to top button