CrimeNews

Teen’s severed head found weeks after body is discovered

A 30-year-old suspect has been arrested for the murder.

THE head of the teenager who was brutally murdered in Nikhwe near Bizana has been found, weeks after her body was discovered.

A 30-year-old man was arrested last Saturday and appeared in the Mbizana Magistrate’s Court on Monday this week.

The grisly murder left the community shocked and angry, and led to several protests in the town.

YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN:  Muti murder accused in court for beheading

The teen’s body (including her genitals) had been stabbed several times and her head was missing.

According to the community, a woman had confessed that her boyfriend, who was not from the area, had told her that he had been instructed to find a teenager’s head in order to become wealthy.

The woman had reportedly gone to visit relatives and upon her return, heard that the teenager had been killed. She then came forward with what her boyfriend had told her.

The girl’s family said although they were still distraught, at least they would now be able to lay her to rest properly.

Police spokesman, Captain Edith Mjoko confirmed the arrest.

HAVE YOUR SAY

Like the South Coast Herald’s Facebook page, follow us on Twitter and Instagram

For news straight to your phone, add us on BBM 58F3D7A7 or WhatsApp 082 421 6033

At Caxton, every story is written by humans. We use AI only to perform quality checks - never to generate the news. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from South Coast Herald in Google News and Top Stories.

Back to top button