
A soccer coach appeared in the Port Shepstone Magistrate’s Court on Monday this week on charges of rape and sexual assault involving two teenage boys.
He was not granted bail.
The 40-year-old man, who works for an NGO in Port Shepstone, is accused of raping and sexually assaulting two boys in the Murchison area.
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN : Man killed, woman gang-raped near Hibberdene
He was arrested in December.
The first victim was a 13-year-old boy who, according to police reports, the coach had invited to practice with his team in Murchison on December 6.
After training he reportedly called the teen to the gym area and raped him. It is claimed that the boy was raped on two occasions.
Police spokesman, Lieutenant-Colonel Zandra Wiid said the boy’s parents noticed he was behaving strangely.
“The boy then told his parents how the soccer coach had repeatedly raped him and threatened him not to tell anyone. The man was arrested by Detective Sergeant Sboniso Gcaba from the Port Shepstone Family Violence, Child Protection and Sexual Offences Unit (FCS),” she said.
After his arrest, it came to light that another 13-year-old boy had been sexually assaulted by the same coach, who had apparently touched the child’s private parts.
The case will now be moved to the Regional Court and will be heard on February 23.
HAVE YOUR SAY
Like our Facebook page, follow us on Twitter and Instagram
For news straight to your phone, add us on BBM 58F3D7A7 or WhatsApp 082 421 6033
