
A couple – a woman (36) and a man (41) – have been arrested for their alleged involvement in the murder of Mduduzi Remelton Sibeko (37).
This was after the police were called to a house on Nhlengethwa Street at about 11.15pm on Sunday evening.
“When we arrived at the scene we found a man lying inside a yard in a pool of blood.
“He was naked and had just been declared dead by paramedics.
Read: Man allegedly murdered in Tsakane shack fire
“The deceased had three open wounds on his head, chin and private part and bruises all over his body,” says police spokesman Capt Thabo Sibuyi.
He adds that from their observation it looked as though the deceased had been assaulted.
“Further investigation revealed that the home owners of the yard where the deceased was found did not know him.
“But when we followed the trail of blood, we found that the actual crime scene was a house on Nyaweni Street.
Read: SAPS woman faces charges of murder and attempted murder
“The clothes of the deceased and the suspected weapons used during the crime were also found at the house,” he adds.
Sibuyi says the suspects claim that they found the deceased in their home and assumed he had come to steal.
Other information received, though, revealed that the deceased and the suspects were together at a nearby tavern earlier that night.
The three then went their separate ways.
Police are continuing with their investigations further.



