UNFINISHED work on the laying of cables in JB Marks Road, Glenwood, is one of the most recent issues taken up with officials by ward councillor, Mmabatho Tembe.
Visiting the site outside Meyrick Bennett Park with Berea Mail on Monday, 23 March, it was obvious by the overgrowth of weeds around the open trenches, that a lot of time had passed since work had been undertaken at the site.
A resident walking by at the time said she was pleased to see the councillor had gone to inspect the site, adding that no work had been done there for the past 18 months.
ALSO READ: DA rejects R2 million for VIP bodyguard’s clothing
Councillor Tembe said she had received complaints from residents, who had forwarded her reference numbers which had been generated for the issue which she had sent on to the head of engineering.
“I am not sure what project this was, although it was some kind of cable laying project which was supposed to start but then didn’t continue. It is a disgrace that nothing further has happened, and these trenches have been left on the pavement. Weeds have grown into them, there is erosion, and it has made the park entrance look ugly,” said Tembe.
She said she would follow up with the engineering department on what was happening, to get to the bottom of the problem.

Do you want to receive news alerts via Telegram? Send us a message (not an sms) with your name and surname to 060 532 5535.
You can also join the conversation on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have signed up for our news alerts you need to save the Berea Mail Telegram number as a contact to your phone, otherwise you will not receive our alerts
Here’s where you can download Telegram on Android or Apple.



