CrimeNews

Claw hammer attack trial to start next month

The eyewitness said there was blood splatter inside and outside the vehicle.

The trial of a 32-year-old man who assaulted his boss by hitting him on the head with a claw hammer in June last year is set to begin next month.

He is facing a charge of attempted murder and has already made several appearances in the Boksburg Magistrate’s Court.

The suspect told police he had worked for the victim since 2012 and that every time he had to be paid the two argued.

On the day of the assault, an argument again flared up while the pair were driving in a car – the boss in the front seat and the suspect in the backseat. The suspect became agitated and hit his boss with a claw hammer, which was in the vehicle.

ALSO READ: Employer attacked by employee with hammer while driving

According to an EMPD warden who witnessed the attack, she was driving to work when she saw a white Ford vehicle driving into oncoming traffic.

She then saw a passenger in the backseat hitting the driver with something that looked like a hammer. The driver subsequently lost control of the vehicle but managed to stop without causing an accident.

“When the eyewitness went to check on the motorists she saw a man assaulting the victim.
“When she asked what was going on, the victim said he his employee attacked him while he was driving,” said Boksburg North police spokesperson Const Justice Ramaube.

The eyewitness said there was blood splatter inside and outside the vehicle. She called the police and the employee was arrested. He will be back in court on August 25.

ALSO READ: Hammer victim recovering well at home

 

At Caxton, every story is written by humans. We use AI only to perform quality checks - never to generate the news. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from Boksburg Advertiser in Google News and Top Stories.

Related Articles

Back to top button