Over 100 people demanded justice as they gathered outside the Boksburg Magistrate’s Court to support Precious Molokomme (25) from Angelo informal settlement, whose ex-boyfriend was accused of attempting to murder her.
The group picketed and wielded placards that read “Demand justice for Precious Molokomme “. This is as Thomas Mashele (31), who allegedly slit Molokomme’s throat, appeared in court on April 4.

During the court proceedings, Mashele abandoned his bail application through his lawyer, Khathu Managa.
The magistrate postponed the case to April 11 for further investigation.
Speaking outside the court, Ekurhuleni council chief whip Pelisa Nkunjana said they came to support Precious and demanded Mashele not get bail.

“The group handed over a petition to the magistrate signed by over 1 000 people. The perpetrator must not get bail and not walk free,” she said.
Molokomme, who looked traumatised, also addressed the media outside court.
She told the media this was the third postponement of the case.
“When I saw him in the dock, I felt like attacking him so he knows how I felt. However, I will leave everything in the hands of the law for him to pay for what he has done to me.”


Precious Molokomme’s throat was slit last year, allegedly by her boyfriend at the time.![]()
![]()



