Local newsNews

WATCH: Three wounded in dispute between security companies

Netcare 911 was called to reports of a shooting on Rietfontein Road in Glen Marais

Three men were wounded on Tuesday afternoon when members of two security companies clashed near Pretoria Road.

According to Kempton Park SAPS spokesperson, Sgt Dipuo Ditshego, members of a security company who were given notice, refused to leave the premises.

Members from the new security company then opened fired, wounding three opposition members.

They were all taken to Tembisa Hospital.

It is not clear at this stage where the two companies were employed.

According to Shawn Herbst from Netcare 911, they were called to reports of a shooting on Rietfontein Road in Glen Marais just after noon following a dispute between security guards.

All three males sustained moderate to serious injuries. Once treated, the patients were transported by various ambulance services to hospital for further treatment, said Herbst.

An angry group of people later gathered on Pretoria Road near the Elgin Road subway, causing traffic disruptions. They were met with a high metro police and police presence.

They later left for the central business district.

Ditshego said cases of attempted murder were being investigated. No-one had been arrested.

 

 

At Caxton, we employ humans to generate daily fresh news, not AI intervention. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from Kempton Express in Google News and Top Stories.

Back to top button