Local newsUpdate

Azaadville restaurant fire: Owner dies in hospital

Mogale City’s Emergency Services reveal owner suffered severe smoke inhalation and passed away in the hospital.

The local fire department has confirmed that a man died in hospital after a fire broke out at a restaurant in Azaadville.

The Krugersdorp News reported a few days ago that firefighters were called to a fire that broke out at the restaurant and takeaway shop.

Mogale City’s Emergency Services’ Regional Station Commander Gerhard Nieuwoudt confirmed the incident occurred sometime on Tuesday morning, May 21.

• Read the initial article here: Fire breaks out at Azaadville restaurant

Nieuwoudt has since confirmed that a man and the owner of the restaurant tragically passed away in hospital after his business had caught fire.

According to Nieuwoudt, the fire broke out due to a suspected faulty gas installation.

“After the fire broke out, the owner went to take shelter in the bathroom at the back of the store, due to the flames in front. Two people went to rescue the owner inside but he was found to have suffered severe smoke inhalation and was in a critical condition. The owner’s rescuers sustained mild injuries only,” Nieuwoudt concluded.

Back to top button