Recipe: Moroccan spiced mushroom and butternut tartlets
This recipe is perfect for nibbles or as a starter.
Moroccan spiced mushroom and butternut tartlets. Picture: Supplied
15ml + 5ml oil
300g butternut, cubed
Salt and milled black pepper
1 red onion, diced
15ml fresh ginger, ground
250g button mushrooms, quartered
5ml ground cumin
5ml ground coriander
100g feta, crumbled
4 sheets phyllo pastry
30ml olive oil
30ml fresh coriander leaves, chopped
90ml smooth cream cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the butternut on a baking sheet. Drizzle with 15ml oil and add salt and pepper. Roast until tender.
2. Heat the balance of the oil in a pan and fry the onion for 3-4 minutes. Add the ginger and mushrooms and fry for 3-4 minutes.
3. Stir in the cumin and coriander and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in feta cheese, coriander and roasted butternut.
4. Cut each sheet of phyllo pastry into nine squares and brush both sides with olive oil. Arrange six squares of pastry in a circular shape in a six-hole muffin pan. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes,or until golden.
5. Spoon one tablespoon of cream cheese into the base of each tart and top with the mushroom mixture and sprinkle of dukkah. Bake for 3-4 minutes.