Over 800 suspects arrested in one week in Mpumalanga

Between Monday and Sunday of last week, police in Mpumalanga arrested over 880 suspects in the province. The cases ranged from driving under the influence to rape, robbery and murder.

While some suspects were simply given fines, others have appeared in various courts across the province.

SAPS spokesperson in the province, Brig Leonard Hlathi, said that the arrests were largely due to normal policing combined with special operations performed by police.

MEC for Community Safety, Security and Liaison, Vusi Shongwe, applauded the Mpumalanga police. He said that the Department will continue to mobilize communities to help in the fight against crime.

Police thanked community members and safety organisations for their roles in bringing these suspects to book. They also urged citizens to work with police to ensure that this momentum is kept.

Read original story on lowvelder.co.za

At Caxton, we employ humans to generate daily fresh news, not AI intervention. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from Network News in Google News and Top Stories.

Back to top button