Abusive son back in Boksburg court to apply to appeal case

Emmanual Mamogobo is set to apply for leave to appeal his sentence on May 27, following his two years’ direct imprisonment sentence.

The 31-year-old man briefly appeared in the Boksburg Magistrate’s Court on April 22 accompanied by two prison wardens.

He was found guilty on February 26 of assault with the intent to cause grievous bodily harm to his mother in January last year and guilty of assault on a police officer while resisting arrest.

Emmanual Mamogobo is appealing his sentence. Photo: Boksburg Advertiser

During the recent court proceedings, Mamogobo appointed a defence lawyer who will be representing him. This comes after he conducted his defence during his previous trial.

His defence lawyer asked for a postponement, stating that he didn’t possess his client’s transcripts apparently because the clerk was on leave.

He further mentioned that he was not aware that consultations were allowed in prison. His statement prompted the magistrate, Cecil Kruger, to ask the wardens if consultations were allowed in prison and they said yes but only by appointments.

The defence lawyer then told the court that he will consult with his client in prison on May 12. The matter was then postponed to May 27.

Read original story on boksburgadvertiser.co.za

At Caxton, we employ humans to generate daily fresh news, not AI intervention. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from Network News in Google News and Top Stories.

Back to top button