Massive gas explosion in KZN

Reports that someone was trapped inside the building that caught fire, has been confirmed to be untrue.

A gas leak at a gas shop in the Rosetta area, near Mooi River, caused a massive explosion this morning.

Fortunately, there have been no reports of any deaths or injuries as yet.

When The Witness arrived, a large number of emergency services, including uMgungundlovu Firefighters, were already on the scene to put out the fire.

A firefighter who spoke to the publication said they received a call at 09:30.

Firefighters extingishing the gas fire on Friday morning. Photo: Londiwe Xulu
Firefighters extinguish the fire. Photo: Londiwe Xulu.

“When we arrived the fire was still burning. There were reports that someone was trapped inside but we haven’t found anyone and that’s been confirmed to be untrue,” the firefighter said.

The owner of the shop said one of his employees was looking for the gas leak.

He said they suspect the gas cylinder fell and caused an explosion, but the employee fortunately managed to run away without sustaining any injuries.

Read original story on www.citizen.co.za

 
Back to top button