CrimeLocal newsNews

Police launch nation wide search for oSizweni kidnapped baby, Luyanda

A case of kidnapping was opened at the oSizweni Police Station, and handed over to the Newcastle FCS Unit for further investigations.

In the blink of an eye, a mothers world was completely shattered when she realised her baby had been kidnapped on Friday, August 3.

Constable Mthimkhulu of the Family Violence, Child Protection and Sexual Offences (FCS) Unit said nine-month-old Luyanda Ndlamlenze was with her mother, Simphiwe, at the Boxer shopping centre, when they were approached by an unknown female.

ALSO READ: JUST IN: oSizweni SAPS needs help locating kidnapped baby

The woman complimented Simphiwe and told her what a lovely baby she had, and then asked if she could play with Luyanda, to which Simphiwe agreed.

“The mother was listening to a preacher at the time, when the woman gave her money and requested she go buy them something to eat.”

Trusting the woman to take care of her daughter, Simphiwe proceeded to a nearby store where she would purchase food.

When Simphiwe returned from the shop, she could not find her baby nor the woman, and this is when she reality struck; her baby was gone.

“Baby Luyanda was wearing pink socks, pink and white trousers, a yellow shirt and a red jacket at the time of her disappearance.”

The suspect is believed to be in her 40’s, dark in complexion, and she was wearing a black leather jacket and a long white skirt.

A case of kidnapping was opened at the oSizweni Police Station, and handed over to the Newcastle FCS Unit for further investigations.

READ NOW: UPDATE: Kidnapped girls still missing – parents distraught

Constable Mthimkhulu is now urging members of oSizweni and surroundings to come forward with any information pertaining to the kidnapping, or the possible whereabouts of the suspect or the missing child.

In the last week, a nation wide search has been launched, with official media statements released as far as Richards Bay and surrounding areas in search of the missing baby.

Anyone with information can contact Cst Mthimkhulu on 082 696 7953, 034 329 6656 or 034 366 6300.

Parents are also urged to practice extreme caution and to always be vigilant of their surroundings as well as any suspicious people who might possibly show interest in their children.

Also remember to visit our FacebookTwitter and Instagram pages.

Add us on WhatsApp today! 082 874 5550

Remember to read our WhatsApp disclaimer.

You can also email our offices; Reveshni Douglas at reveshni@caxton.co.za – Bruce Douglas at Newed2@caxton.co.za – Tersia Gopi at newed@caxton.co.za – Zianne Leibrandt at ncschools@caxton.co.za and F.C. Pelser on sam@caxton.co.za 

 

At Caxton, every story is written by humans. We use AI only to perform quality checks - never to generate the news. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from Northern Natal News in Google News and Top Stories.

Related Articles

Back to top button