Detectives of the Randfontein Police recently arrested two men aged 27 and 29 for being in possession of a stolen motor vehicle.
Captain Appel Ernst, Randfontein Police spokesperson said, “On 3 March Sergeant Mokone accompanied by Constables Basholo and Meshe received information regarding a suspected stolen motor vehicle possibly being kept in Aureus. They reacted on the information and indeed found the vehicle, which had been reported stolen two days earlier.”
Both men made their first appearance in the Randfontein Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday, 7 March.
Brigadier Mashole Jacob Manamela, the Randfontein Police station commander congratulated the members on these arrests and expressed his appreciation towards the community for supplying information on crime.
“In partnership with our community, we can impact positively on the crime in Randfontein. Let us keep on reporting suspicious activities. Together we can do it,” he said.
Do you perhaps have more information pertaining to this story? Email us at randfonteinherald@caxton.co.za (please remember to include your contact details in the email) or phone us on 011 693 3671.
For free daily local news on the West Rand, also visit our sister newspaper websites
Remember to visit our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages to let your voice be heard!



