CrimeNews

JUST IN: Man shot in Hillside home invasion has died

A violent early morning home invasion in Hillside has left a young man dead .

A violent home invasion in the Hillside agricultural holdings area during the early morning of Wednesday, 23 May, has left a young man dead.

Randfontein Police are investigating a case of murder.

Also Read: UPDATE: Elderly man shot and killed

According to information received, two men were asleep in a residence in Hillside. The victim was possibly woken by the noise of people moving in the house. He alerted the second man and then started pursuing the intruders, who were fleeing the scene.

“A shot was fired, and shortly afterwards, the second man found the victim on the ground. He had a serious head wound,” said Captain Appel Ernst, Randfontein Police spokesperson.

The incident was reported and the victim was transported to a local hospital from where he was airlifted to another, but he succumbed due to the seriousness of his injury.

The second person realised that there had been a burglary when he went back to the residence. A television and several cellphones were missing from the scene. The suspects allegedly gained entry to the house through a window.

The Serious and Violent Crime investigating team would appreciate any information regarding the incident. They can be contacted on 011 278 8100 (please speak to the acting branch commander, Lieutenant Colonel Steven Ramathlape).

During his visit to the scene of the crime, Brigadier Mashole Jacob Manamela, the Randfontein Police station commander, expressed his shock at the brutality of the attack.

“We will leave no stone unturned in the investigation of this matter. Our condolences to the bereaved family,” he said.

Do you perhaps have more information pertaining to this story? Email us at randfonteinherald@caxton.co.za  (please remember to include your contact details in the email) or phone us on 011 693 3671.

For free daily local news on the West Rand, also visit our sister newspaper websites

Roodepoort Record

Krugersdorp News 

Get It Joburg West Magazine

Remember to visit our FacebookTwitter and Instagram pages to let your voice be heard!

At Caxton, every story is written by humans. We use AI only to perform quality checks - never to generate the news. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from Randfontein Herald in Google News and Top Stories.

Related Articles

Back to top button