CrimeNews

Drunk man sleeping in vehicle robbed

A 24-year-old man was arrested for stealing a vehicle while the drunk owner was sleeping in it in Simunye.

An allegedly drunken man was robbed of his vehicle while he was sleeping.

Sergeant Linkie Lafakane, the Bekkersdal Police spokesperson said the incident occurred in Simunye at about 5.30am on Sunday, 14 February. She said the owner of the vehicle took a nap in his vehicle which was parked on the side of the road.

After a short while he was shocked to find himself on the ground and his vehicle gone. He was told that someone had driven off in his vehicle,” Lefakane said.

Two days later, the police confronted the 24-year-old suspect only to discover the vehicle had been sold.

“He was arrested and a case of motor vehicle theft was opened against him. He is expected to appear in the Westonaria Magistrates’ Court soon,” Lefakane said.

Colonel Phumelele Matamela, the Bekkersdal Police station commander urged people to behave responsibly, and avoid getting themselves in situations that can endanger their lives.

This could’ve been avoided if there was responsible behaviour,” Matamela added.

At Caxton, every story is written by humans. We use AI only to perform quality checks - never to generate the news. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from Randfontein Herald in Google News and Top Stories.

Clinton Botha

For more than 4 and a half years, Clinton Botha was a journalist at Roodepoort Record. His articles were regularly published in the Northside Chronicle now known as the Roodepoort Northsider. Clinton is also the editor of Randfontein Herald since July 2020. As a sports fanatic he wormed his way into various "beats - as the media would know it - and admits openly that his big love always have something to do with a scoreboard, crowds and usually a ball that hops.

Related Articles

Back to top button