CrimeNews

Robbers target house – one wore a police bullet-proof vest

Police appeal to the public to assist them with any information that could lead to the arrest of the two other suspects – one is a fake cop.

Three armed suspects aged between 23 and 32 were arrested for a house robbery in Simunye early on Friday morning, 26 February.

Two other suspects managed to escape. One of them wore a police-issued bullet-proof vest.

According to Sergeant Linkie Lefakane, the Bekkersdal Police spokesperson, the suspects had been travelling in a silver VW Polo in which police discovered a variety of valuables, including a vehicle battery and two car radios.

“They had robbed a man of three cellphones and cash, but he managed to positively identify the suspects,” Lefakane said.

She added that the suspects were charged with house robbery and possession of stolen goods.

The vehicle was taken to the police’s investigation unit for further processing. We are also making an appeal to the public to assist the police with any information that could lead to the other two suspects,” Lefakane said.

At Caxton, every story is written by humans. We use AI only to perform quality checks - never to generate the news. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from Randfontein Herald in Google News and Top Stories.

Clinton Botha

For more than 4 and a half years, Clinton Botha was a journalist at Roodepoort Record. His articles were regularly published in the Northside Chronicle now known as the Roodepoort Northsider. Clinton is also the editor of Randfontein Herald since July 2020. As a sports fanatic he wormed his way into various "beats - as the media would know it - and admits openly that his big love always have something to do with a scoreboard, crowds and usually a ball that hops.

Related Articles

Back to top button