MunicipalNews

Home affairs offices back to normal next week

The department of home affairs says it is expecting to operate as usual from Monday after services were disrupted last week.

It would be business as usual next week at home affairs offices where services were disrupted last week, the department said on Friday.

In the last week of October, the department’s new co-operation building was hit by a power failure due to a burst water pipe at the Pretoria City Hall.

“The burst pipe left electricity cables and panels submerged in water at the hall’s substation, causing a power failure in some parts of the Pretoria CBD. The power outage lasted for three days, leading the department to switch over to the Disaster Recovery Site which is hosted by the State Information Technology Agency (SITA),” the department said.

In the same week, SITA’s Centurion site also experienced a power failure which affected the Home Affairs National Identification System (HANIS).

“The effect of the SITA power outage has left the HANIS system with damages in our server which disabled some parts of the services. We will endeavour to bring services to normality by Monday,” the department said.

For free breaking and community news, visit Rekord’s websites:

Rekord East

Rekord North

Rekord Centurion

Rekord Moot

Like our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter.

At Caxton, every story is written by humans. We use AI only to perform quality checks - never to generate the news. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from Rekord in Google News and Top Stories.

Back to top button