MunicipalNews

Man furious about response to burst pipe

A Waverley man is furious about the response he received from Tshwane metro about a burst water pipe.

A Waverley man is furious about what he called the nonchalant attitude of Tshwane metro regarding a burst water pipe in front of his house. Mauritz van den Heever’s house in Lawson Avenue has been without water since Tuesday night when the pipe burst at 10:00.

“I contacted the metro and they said the pipe had been scheduled to be repaired on Friday. Am I supposed to be without running water until then? And what about the litres of water that are being wasted?” an angry Van den Heever said.

Van den Heever has lived at the property for about eight years and said metro replaced the older pipes about two years ago and the new pipes should not be giving any problems. He said the water bubbling out of the pipe did not only lift the pavement. When Rekord investigated on Wednesday the water was running down the road for more than 300 metres.

Frans Smith, councillor of Ward 52, visited the house on Wednesday afternoon. “I have already reported the problem to metro and I came out to assess the damage as soon as I heard about it,” Smith said. He also confirmed there were no other similar problems in the area and he trusted that it will be sorted out as soon as possible.

Tshwane metro was not available for comment about the burst water pipe.

For free breaking and community news, visit Rekord’s websites:

Rekord East

Rekord North

Rekord Centurion

Rekord Moot

Also like our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter.

At Caxton, every story is written by humans. We use AI only to perform quality checks - never to generate the news. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from Rekord in Google News and Top Stories.

Back to top button