CrimeLocal newsNewsSchoolsUpdate

Police still investigating teenage boy’s shooting

Police are still investigating where a teenage boy got a firearm from after he shot his school mate in a bus.

Police could still not confirm the origin of a firearm after a teenage boy shot his school mate in a bus last week.

Spokesperson Mirna Von Benecke said the two boys, both aged 15, were in a school bus when the gun went off. She said this happened on the corners of Lavender and Linvelt roads in Sinoville last Thursday.

The teenage boy was hit in both legs and rushed to hospital. Von Benecke could not confirm his current condition.

“The other boy was arrested that night and was released into his parents’ custody. He will appear in court soon,” she said.

Detectives are still investigating where the pupil got the gun from. “A case of attempted murder was opened.”

Also read:

Seun skiet maat op skoolbus

Kind trap in mangat

Kinderveiligheid ’n prioriteit

Do you have more information about the story? Please send us an email to editorial@rekord.co.za or phone us on 072 435 7717.

For free breaking and community news, visit Rekord’s websites:

Rekord East

Rekord North

Rekord Centurion

Rekord Moot

For more news and interesting articles, like Rekord on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.

  • We have exciting news! We’re offering a free alert to help you always be in the loop. Send an email with the word ‘Subscribe’ to breakingnews@rekord.co.za to receive your free daily breaking news update.

At Caxton, every story is written by humans. We use AI only to perform quality checks - never to generate the news. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from Rekord in Google News and Top Stories.

Back to top button