Reward offered for stolen artworks
“The paintings were on route to a gallery from an auction”.
A reward of R10 000 is offered for information about stolen artworks that were taken during a hijacking three weeks ago in Pretoria east.
Valuable paintings by artists such as WH Coetzer, Ignatius Marx, Helene Kapp, Margaret Gradwell and Gerhard Smit, were taken, according to Lyttelton police spokesperson Captain Dave Miller.



“The police are requesting any information that would assist them in recovering these paintings taken during a hijacking on 15 April. The incident occurred on the N1 highway north bound close to Solomon Mahlangu Drive bridge at around 11:30.”
Miller said although the vehicle was later recovered, all the artworks had been taken.
“The paintings were en route to a gallery from an auction”.




“A reward of R10 000 has been offered by the affected parties for any information that will lead to the successful recovery of the paintings as well as the arrest of the suspects involved.”
Miller said any person who has information regarding this matter can contact the investigating officer, Deputy Lt. Col. Johns on 082-419-9737 during office hours 07:30 to 16:00 Monday to Friday.
“All information will be treated confidentially.”

Do you have more information about the story?
Please send us an email to editorial@rekord.co.za or phone us on 083 625 4114.
For free breaking and community news, visit Rekord’s websites: Rekord East
For more news and interesting articles, like Rekord on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or Instagram
