Local NewsNews

Home Affairs office re-opens

The office of the Department of Home Affairs is open for business after it was closed due to alleged flooding earlier in the week.

POLOKWANE – The office started turning people away on Saturday morning saying that they would be closed until further notice as a result of a burst pipe that flooded the office.

One of the employees told Review that they had to turn people away because the extent of the damage, caused by the burst pipe inside the Home Affairs office, was still under investigation.

A source close to the Home Affairs office later told Review that the office was never affected, even though journalists and residents were shown away earlier in the week by means of a notice board that stated the office would be closed until further notice.

Residents were assisted as usual on Wednesday and the office is operating at their normal hours.

riana@nmgroup.co.za

For more breaking news visit us on ReviewOnline and CapricornReview or follow us on Facebook or Twitter

At Caxton, we employ humans to generate daily fresh news, not AI intervention. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from Review in Google News and Top Stories.

Related Articles

Back to top button