NewsNews

17-year-old left for dead in open veld passes away

Simphiwe Mira (17) has succumbed to her injuries and died at Baragwanath Hospital on Monday.

ORANGE-FARM.- Mira was discovered left for dead in an open veld by a passerby who saw that she was still alive and subsequently called for help.
According to her sister Ntombifuthi Mira (21), Simphiwe left on Friday night at 21:00 to visit her boyfriend.
 
“According to the boyfriend and his family, Simphiwe said she was going home and left in the early hours of the morning around 04:00, shortly before she was found.
 
“I received a call that my sister had been found in an open veld. I was told that she couldn’t talk or do anything.
 
 
“I rushed to the hospital and on arrival, the doctors told me that my sister had sustained a stab wound on the head and it had affected her brain.”
 
The man who found her said that he first saw a bag and shoes and on further inspection found Simphiwe.
 
Simphiwe’s aunt, Sonti Mira(46) said, “We have so many unanswered questions. We had hoped that Simphiwe would come back home. Now we will never truly know what happened to her.”
 
Orange Farm Police Spokesperson, Sergeant Shaan Motsapi said that no one has been arrested. “We have opened a murder case docket and investigations are ongoing.”
 
 
.
At Caxton, we employ humans to generate daily fresh news, not AI intervention. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from Sedibeng Ster in Google News and Top Stories.

Lebohang Chaha

Lebo Chaha is a journalist for Sedibeng Ster and Ster North. She is mostly passionate about stories that bring positive change in her community. Email: lebo@mooivaal.co.za

Related Articles

Back to top button