CrimeNews

Umkomaas Saps recover loads of stolen property in Danganya area

Two suspects were arrested, taken to the Umkomaas police station and charged with possession of stolen property.

Stolen property to the value of R130 000 was recovered by Saps on Tuesday, July 3 in the Danganya area.

Warrant Officer Logan Naidoo, Constable Ryan Armugam and Constable Thamsanqa Magcaba from Umkomaas Crime Prevention received information concerning stolen goods and proceeded to Donganya along with the Umzinto K9 Dog unit.

Once they had arrived at the address they had been given, they found a 38-year-old man and 24-year-old woman in possession of stolen property which included several cellphones, computers, clothing items, tools, an air gun, perfumes, cash of R9 800 and house-breaking implements.

The two were arrested, taken to the Umkomaas police station and charged with possession of stolen property.

YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN: Suspected heroin dealer bust by alert Scottburgh cops

It was then discovered that the man had already bben linked to 15 other cases of business break-ins in the Amanzimtoti and Scottburgh areas. It is also suspected that he is linked to cases in Harding, but these investigations continue.

“The accused’s modus operandi would be breaking through the roofs of businesses, disconnecting the alarms and then cutting open the business safes,” said Umlazi Saps communications officer, Captain C Rhynes, who went on to say this was indeed an excellent arrest by the Umkomaas Saps.

“Well done to Umkomaas Crime Prevention! I commend them on this outstanding arrest and recovery of stolen goods. The removal of these suspects will definitely have an impact in eThekwini Outer South Cluster and neighbouring clusters with regards to business break-ins,” said acting eThekwini Outer South Cluster commander, Brigadier Vukani Mgobhozi.

HAVE YOUR SAY

Like our Facebook page, follow us on Twitter and Instagram

For news straight to your phone, add us on WhatsApp 082 421 6033

At Caxton, every story is written by humans. We use AI only to perform quality checks - never to generate the news. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from South Coast Herald in Google News and Top Stories.

Check Also
Close
Back to top button