A man died in a hail of bullets and another was wounded in an attack on the N2 near Mqwayiza on Thursday last week.
KwaZulu-Natal Provincial Saps media centre said it could not confirm whether the shooting was related to the ongoing taxi violence on the South Coast.
ALSO READ : Gunmen shoot dead Margate taxi boss
“On December 5 at around 1.25pm, the two victims were reportedly attacked by two men.
“The men opened fire, fatally wounding a 29-year-old man and wounding another victim, who was taken to hospital,” said spokesman, Captain Nqobile Gwala.
Yesterday (Wednesday) police could not confirm if there had been any arrests nor could they confirm the identity of the dead man.
HAVE YOUR SAY
Like the South Coast Herald’s Facebook page, follow us on Twitter and Instagram
To receive our FREE email newsletter, click HERE
