Social development rejects neglect claims
The KZN Legislature's Ugu District Champion, the MEC of Social Development, Nonhlanhla Khoza said the department has to reaffirm its commitment after misinformation recently circulated across various media platforms regarding the disbursement of monthly stipends to NPOs.
The KwaZulu-Natal Department of Social Development said it reaffirms its commitment to ensuring that all funded non-profit organisations (NPOs) receive their payments by October 31.
The KZN Legislature’s Ugu District Champion, the MEC of Social Development, Nonhlanhla Khoza said the department has to reaffirm its commitment after misinformation recently circulated across various media platforms regarding the disbursement of monthly stipends to NPOs.
Khoza said they want to emphasise their unwavering commitment to supporting NPOs, which play a crucial role in serving the most vulnerable segments of society.
“Our department maintains a robust Service Level Agreement (SLA) with NPOs. Recognising the challenges associated with cash-flow management and the growing number of NPOs receiving monthly payments, we have introduced a new payment system. This approach was transparently communicated to all NPOs. We are actively working to ensure that NPOs in the remaining districts receive their payments promptly, with the next payment cycle scheduled for October 17 and October 26. It’s important to note that the delayed payment for the August 2023 subsidy has also been processed, and NPOs will see these funds in their bank accounts accordingly,” said Khoza.
To this end, said Khoza, we advise NPOs to utilise the disbursed tranche payments judiciously, as the next tranche is scheduled for January 2024, covering December 2023, January, and February 2024 subsidies.
Khoza said the department remains dedicated to supporting NPOs and ensuring the uninterrupted delivery of essential services to end-users.
She said throughout this process, the department has maintained open lines of communication with NPOs across the province, adding that she has had numerous discussions with the department’s management to clarify the changes in the payment system and address any concerns raised by NPOs.
“We categorically refute any reports suggesting that NPOs are facing difficulties due to our negligence. Our commitment remains steadfast, and the tranche payment system has been introduced to ensure seamless support to NPOs and the vulnerable populations they serve. I assure all NPOs that they will receive their tranche payments this month, as previously promised. We deeply appreciate the dedication and hard work of NPOs as the department partners in our province and remain dedicated to supporting their vital missions,” said Khoza.
HAVE YOUR SAY
Like the South Coast Fever’s Facebook page
