Sandisiwe Mbhele
Lifestyle Journalist
2 minute read
6 Dec 2021
10:00 am

Minnie Dlamini-Jones dragged after calling out MacG and Jub Jub

Sandisiwe Mbhele

Minnie Dlamini-Jones was dragged after she called MacG's interview with Jub Jub the 'most degrading' content she's ever consumed'.

'HomeGround' presenter Minnie Dlamini-Jones. Picture: Instagram

There has been much furore on social media in reaction to Macgyver “MacG” Muvheko’s interview with Jub Jub (Molemo Maarohanye), with many sharing their opinions, including Minnie Dlamini-Jones.

Podcast and Chill with MacG has become divisive particularly after the transphobic comments made earlier this year as there were calls for MacG’s platform to be muted.

However, the opposite happened. MacG’s podcast became even more popular and controversial as high-profile celebrities continued to speak on the platform.

After Jub Jub’s interview that aired on Channel O, in which he boasted that he “smashed” Amanda du-Pont and later cheated on her with Kelly Khumalo, Du-Pont spoke out, alleging she had not been “smashed” by the Uyajola 9/9 host but raped.

RELATED: Jub Jub raped me, he didn’t ‘smash’, says Amanda du-Pont

Minnie felt the conversation between MacG and Jub Jub was the “most degrading” content she ever consumed.

“I couldn’t even finish it! You guys should be ashamed of yourselves. Women can’t be spoken about like this and it’s condoned?! Do better!”

The reaction’s to the HomeGround presenter’s tweet was demeaning, to say the least.

People went on to slam Minnie’s talent and her performance on SABC 1’s Soccer Zone in the early days of her sports presenting.

There were a string of comments of people who agreed with Minnie that the conversation between the two men was degrading to Du-Pont and other women who were brought up.

The media personality also clapped back to some of the comments and posted on Instagram: “When they go low…I go high.”

Du-Pont’s attorney confirmed on Sunday that she is planning to lay a rape charge against Jub Jub.

As reported by the Sunday Times, Du-Pont’s lawyer Tony Mathe said the actress “is prepared to take this matter forward and to have the perpetrator account for what he has done”.

In a statement, Jub Jub’s family confirmed he would be taking legal action against the women who accused him of rape.

Jub Jub is demanding apologies and retractions from Du-Pont, Masechaba Khumalo, Refilwe Khumalo and Bonokuhle Nkala. He will be opening a case of crime injuria and defamation against the women.

ALSO READ: Amanda du Pont to open rape case against rapper Jub Jub