CrimeLocal newsNewsQueensburgh NewsUpdate

Bellair shooting victim identified as e-hailing driver

The man in his 30s, who is believed to have been shot multiple times, has been identified as a driver of an e-hailing service operating in the area.

POLICE have confirmed the victim of the shooting on Kenmare Road in Bellair, on Wednesday, was an e-hailing driver.   

The incident is believed to have been a botched hijacking.  

According to KwaZulu-Natal police spokesperson, Colonel Thembeka Mbele, the man, believed to be in 30s, had been shot in the neck.

However, Rowan Scandroglio, spokesman for Rescue Care, said the man had been shot multiple times by unknown assailants.  

ALSO READ:  Man sustains multiple gunshot wounds in Bellair shooting

Scandroglio said the man was found in a critical condition when paramedics arrived at the scene. 

The victim was stabilised and transported to a Durban hospital, he added. 

ALSO READ:   SAPS offer tips to survive a carjacking following attack on Taxify driver in Queensburgh

“On 19 August an e-hailing driver was found inside the vehicle on Kenmare Road with a gunshot wound to the neck. He was taken to hospital for medical attention. Bellair police are investigating a case of attempted murder,” said Mbele.

Mbele confirmed there have been no arrests. 

 

 


Caxton Local Media Covid-19 reporting

Dear reader, As your local news provider, we have the duty of keeping you factually informed on Covid-19 developments. As you may have noticed, mis- and disinformation (also known as “fake news”) is circulating online. Caxton Local Media is determined to filter through the masses of information doing the rounds and to separate truth from untruth in order to keep you adequately informed. Local newsrooms follow a strict pre-publication fact-checking protocol. A national task team has been established to assist in bringing you credible news reports on Covid-19. Readers with any comments or queries may contact National Group Editor Irma Green (irma@caxton.co.za) or Legal Adviser Helene Eloff (helene@caxton.co.za). At the time of going to press, the contents of this feature mirrored South Africa’s lockdown regulations.

 

Do you want to receive alerts regarding this and other Highway community news via Telegram? Send us a Telegram message (not an SMS) with your name and surname (ONLY) to 060 532 5409. You can also join the conversation on FacebookTwitter and Instagram.

PLEASE NOTE: If you have signed up for our news alerts you need to save the Telegram number as a contact to your phone, otherwise you will not receive our alerts. Here’s where you can download Telegram on Android or Apple.    

At Caxton, we employ humans to generate daily fresh news, not AI intervention. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from Highway Mail in Google News and Top Stories.

Evelyn Morris

Feature Journalist and Photographer from Durban, KZN. She loves finding the exciting details behind a story and is passionate about digital content, social media and living in Durban. Eve is a single mum to a strikingly funny 11-year-old Whovian.

Related Articles

Back to top button