Nigerians were not at school in Norkem Park
Sgt Johanna Madiga also refuted claims that there were Nigerian nationals allegedly stopping children from getting into taxis at Norkem Park Primary School.
More threats of possible looting have resulted in Birch Acres Mall being closed earlier on Wednesday afternoon.
According to Sgt Johanna Madiga, spokesperson for Norkem Park SAPS, neither damage nor injuries was reported but there is police and metro police presence.
“A group of people were allegedly seen gathering next to the mall by McDonald’s and we received reports that they had intentions of looting shops inside the mall,” said Madiga.
“We went to the mall and although there was no looting action, the mall was closed. We monitored the situation and stationed vehicles there to ensure no violence or looting occurs.”

Madiga also refuted claims there were Nigerian nationals allegedly stopping children from getting into taxis at Norkem Park Primary School.
This followed a comment on Kempton Express’ Facebook page.
According to the comment the woman’s domestic worker called her to tell her the transport lady phoned her and told her that she was stuck at Norkem Primary School. She said there were Nigerians stopping the children from getting into the taxis.
According to Madiga there were claims of looting at Norkem Mall but the claims are unfounded.
“I patrolled Norkem Park Primary School and there is no such thing. I also tried to follow up with people to try and find out if there was an incident earlier but I was told that nothing like that happened,” said Madiga.
