Jacques Roberts update: 'I forgive, but I am not going to leave this'
Despite forgiving the person who allegedly pushed him down a flight of stairs, Roberts says he will not drop the case and fears someone could eventually lose their life if action is not taken.
Jacques Roberts, the man who was assaulted at a hangout spot in Krugersdorp North earlier in August, has been discharged from hospital.
Roberts was allegedly pushed down a flight of stairs and sustained serious head and facial injuries after a late-night incident at 6 on Heritage Square.
The Krugersdorp News spoke to Roberts on August 20, who said that his neck still hurts and he has regular headaches. He is currently booked off until September 22 and is still under observation.
• Also read: Assault puts 6 On Heritage tenancy under scrutiny
About what happened that day, he explained that he feels no one deserves to be pushed down stairs, especially if someone isn’t guilty.
When it comes to how his injuries will affect his life, he explained that they aren’t sure just yet.
“The doctor says there can be a bunch of implications, but just time and observation will be able to tell,” he said.
Roberts said that he feels the person responsible needs to pay for his actions.
“I forgive him, but I’m not going to leave the case because someone is going to end up losing their life.”
He wants to thank everyone for their prayers and support, and he appreciates it a lot.
• Read the initial article here: Man in ICU after assault at Krugersdorp restaurant
A 22-year-old man was arrested shortly after the assault and made his first appearance in court. He is expected to appear again on September 9.
Those wishing to still contribute to Roberts’ BackaBuddy campaign can still do so via the campaign page.
