Winter has arrived, so before your skin has a chance to feel the effects of the cold, dryness and wind, bolster your skincare routine with these natural tips that will keep it feeling invigorated, fresh and soft.
Here are 5 natural things you can do at home to keep your skin rejuvenated during winter, according to Ladysmith Gazette.
READ MORE: 5 reasons why you should use facial tone
1. Swap your moisturiser. Use a rich, oil-based moisturiser during the winter months. This will help seal water in your skin, and will keep it more moisturised than water-based face lotions.
2. Avoid chemical-filled soaps. Not only is your skin your largest organ, but it’s highly permeable – meaning that what you put on your skin is likely to go into your body and bloodstream. Plus, antibacterial soaps, skincare products containing alcohol and fragrance-filled soaps strip your skin of natural oils.
3. Dab on some coconut oil. Virgin organic coconut oil serves as a highly effective product for skincare. Coconut oil fights free radical damage, possibly due to its high levels of ferulic and p-coumaric acid, and its natural antioxidant properties keep your skin looking youthful.
4. Gently exfoliate. As the body ages, its natural ability to regenerate new layers of skin slows down. Gentle exfoliation will slough off old skin cells and reveal fresh, glowing skin.
5. Munch on veggies. Cucumbers and celery naturally contain a lot of water – which makes them a perfect snack when you’re trying to keep yourself and your skin hydrated. Orange and yellow veggies – like sweet potatoes, carrots, red peppers and pumpkin – are great for your skin due to the antioxidant, beta-carotene. And to boost your consumption of vitamins A, B and E.