We all get a craving for fast food every now and again – unless you’re super motivated, which is great so kudos to you.
But next time you find yourself outside a fast food joint, use the following tips to keep the meal slightly healthier than usual.
1. Stick to a single hamburger patty.
2. Hold or go light on the mayonnaise.
3. Go easy on special sauces, which add a lot of calories.
4. Say no to bacon, cheese, onion rings, and other calorie-laden burger toppings.
5. Skip the fries – and the shake.
6. Control your portion size.
7. Try to fill up with a side salad.
8. Choose lighter cheese options on pizza – or even a healthier base.
9. Aim to keep the entire meal 500 calories or less.
10. Opt for foods that are lower in fat, and higher in protein and fibre.
Read the original article on People Magazine