Prepare these quick and easy loaded fries with pulled pork and jalapeño for supper tonight for yourself and the family. This meal is super fun and tasty, and you and the family will be sure to head back into the kitchen for second helpings.
Spend the weekend creating different versions of loaded fries, with variations using different favourite proteins and toppings.
If you love sour cream and guacamole, the you should definitely add them to your loaded fries.
Loaded fries with pulled pork and jalapeño
- 600g piece pork belly, score the fat
- salt, to taste
- 1 onion, cut into eight wedges
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 cup of chicken style liquid stock or water
- 4 large potatoes
- 30g of butter
- 2 tablespoon of plain flour
- 200ml of Bulla Crème Fraîche
- 1 tablespoon of sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- oil, for frying
- sliced jalapeño chillies, to serve
- coriander, to serve
- lime, to serve
- red onion, cut into slithers, to serve
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC.
- Place pork into a baking dish and season with salt. Add the onion, garlic, thyme and stock to the dish and cook covered for 90 minutes to two hours until pork is tender. Place under a hot grill at end of cooking if a crispy skin is desired. Shred meat and combine with cooking juices, cooked onion and garlic, set aside
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1cm wide lengths. Place into a bowl of cold water until required. Ensuring they are drained and patted dry prior to frying.
- To prepare the sauce, melt butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour and cook for one minute. Whisk in stock and bring to the boil. Stir in half of the crème fraîche with the paprika and cumin. Simmer for a further minute. Season to taste.
- Heat a large saucepan of oil to approximately 170ºC, add potatoes in batches and cook for 4-6 minutes. Remove to a paper towel lined tray and keep warm whilst frying remaining potatoes.
- Increase temperature of oil to 190ºC and return chips to the oil for a second fry, approximately four minutes to increase their crispy exterior.
- Serve fries with pulled pork, chillies, coriander, lime and red onion.
This recipe was found on taste.com