Sundays are the perfect days to spend some quality time with your family and loved ones. What is a family gathering without a delicious, hearty and filling Sunday meal?
Call the family and your loved ones over for lunch this Sunday and spoil them rotten by preparing Nico Panagio’s mouthwatering and tasty Thai chicken potjie with jasmine rice.
Prepare different yummy, quick and easy side dishes and salads to accompany your potjie and create a huge wholesome Sunday meal.
Nico Panagio’s Thai chicken potjie
- Coconut oil, for frying
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon of fresh garlic, diced
- 1 teaspoon of fresh red chilli, chopped
- 5-6 T Thai red curry paste
- 1 stalk of lemongrass, whole, peeled and pounded
- 8-12 chicken pieces
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 packet of baby marrows
- 1 packet of patty pans
- 1-2 tins of coconut milk
- 1 cups of chicken stock
- 2 teaspoon of fish sauce
- 2 teaspoon of lime juice
- Brown sugar (optional)
- Fresh coriander, for serving
- Long grain jasmine rice, cooked
- Heat the oil in the potjie. Fry the patty pan, marrows and peppers. Remove once cooked but still crisp.
- Heat more oil. Fry the ginger, garlic, chilli, lemongrass and curry paste for about 2 minutes, or until you can smell the aromas. Add the chicken pieces and fry for another minute or 2. Add 1 tin coconut milk and chicken stock. Cook for 1 hour. Add ½ to 1 tin of coconut milk if it becomes dry.
- Add lime juice, fish sauce, and brown sugar, to taste. Add the fried veggies and remove the lemongrass.
- Serve hot with fresh chopped coriander and jasmine rice.
This recipe was found on taste.co.za